5 design options for compositions in containers
Balcony boxes, large containers and stone flower girls offer to decorate the garden with more than just potted plants. Indeed, a large volume of containers allows you to create complex compositions of several plants, a kind of portable mini-flower beds. Such ensembles are like the focal point of all the beauties of summer, a special design touch that does not tire of conquering with a game of foliage and colors. It is in mini-flower beds in a variety of containers that we can observe the most interesting of the garden combinations of seasonal plants. At the same time, the variations of the combinations are not limited by either the color scheme or the style.
“Enhanced" charm of ensembles in containers
The combination of the most varied in nature charters and perennials in pots is an invariable attribute of decoration of terraces, balconies, and small recreation areas. But classic pottery gardens are a familiar sight. But the compositions in containers are still a rare curiosity. And completely in vain: many of the plants are so unpretentious that they will not give up a closer neighborhood. To create a colorful flowerbed in miniature, it is enough to get a large pot, a balcony or a window drawer, a trough ... And how beautiful such "prefabricated" ensembles are in stone flower girls and street flowerpots!
On a note: for a standard balcony drawer 7-8 seedlings of summers are sufficient, while the number of plants is better to limit to 6-7 species. The most spectacular cultures can be introduced into the composition in several copies
Complex compositions have many advantages. They allow you to:
- create more magnificent and colorful compositions;
- alternate flowering waves, stretching it for a longer period;
- play with style and themes;
- profitable to present contrasts, textures of leaves and inflorescences;
- use a large number of plants to create a complete, holistic and surprisingly vibrant image.
Such compositions always play the role of important, dominant accents and in their role are in many respects similar to flower beds, only mobile and small in size. They will become the center of universal attention and admiration both in the front garden and in any recreation area. They will make the garden even more unique and colorful. And most importantly - they are always relevant and look fashionable and fresh.
The style of such a composition is selected in accordance with the style of the place in which it will be placed. Mobile flower beds should repeat (or at least be close) in character to the terrace or that corner of the garden in which they plan to exhibit. At the same time, the ensemble for the container is selected so that it clearly presents the style or color palette, becomes a kind of symbol of the chosen direction of garden design.
Recent trends in the design of compositions for flower girls, balcony drawers and containers offer to boldly mix decorative foliage and flowering plants, create unexpected contrasts and not be afraid to flirt with textures. At the same time, color comes to the fore, overshadowing the stylistic delights. We bring to your attention the 5 brightest flower ensembles of the current season.
Option 1. White and pink solemnity
If most of all in annual plants you are attracted by the abundance of flowers, which, like luxurious foam, completely hide greens from your eyes, make a bet on them in the ensemble. The classic pink and white palette will emphasize the game of plentifully flowering pilots especially spectacularly, although when choosing original varieties it is easy to change it according to your desire.
Landscape Design Style: romance and country
You can create a lush composition from plants such as:
- red tansy or other representatives of asters with basket inflorescences of a saturated pink tone;
- bright and always optimistic pelargonium;
- emphasizing the beauty of the leaves of neighbors aerial nemesia;
- colorful petunias, if possible, combining varieties with double and simple flowers of white or light pink color;
- attracting attention and light green greens, and curious flowers of thorns.
To add contrast to the composition and further emphasize its splendor, add to the flyers a curtain of cereal - fescue or cirrus bristles, waggles or other your favorites. Ornamental grasses will add architecture and completeness to this combination.
Option 2. Pink puffy on a silver background
Those who prefer more bold and vibrant decisions to the classics will surely like a composition in which the play of pink and purple is highlighted not with snow-white lace of flowers, but with the luxury of leaves. A more modern and much more sophisticated combination is a winning camp only if all the plants in the composition will contrast in the type of leaves and textures. And the greater the effect of diversity, the more fully the charm of the ensemble will be revealed.
Landscape Design Style: romance and modern trends
To create a pink-silver composition for containers, try planting together:
- cloves of any kind with pink or carmine flowers;
- purplish catnip of compact varieties;
- bushes of sage of oak or annual variegated sages;
- Byzantine chigint, woolly or wormwood bush with a silver edge of leaves;
- rosacea verbena with its fragrant greens and flowers;
- several specimens of seaside cineraria;
- pink-colored varieties of celosium comb.
Option 3. Cool restraint of luxurious southern plants
If you like a more restrained palette, and in the summer you dream about variations of blue colors, prefer a game of textures of romantic splendor, then it is better to choose completely different plants. Elongated spikelets and candles of inflorescences, contrasting with soft ampel lace, bright greens and "backlight" in the form of white-colored crops - and the spectacular composition is ready.
Landscape Design Style: modern trends and Mediterranean style
For an exquisite composition with a southern character and luxurious textures, try planting a copy:
- beloved blue-colored variety of sage with its spectacular inflorescences, candles and lush bright foliage;
- graceful and graceful white-flowered lanthanum;
- lobularia similar to snow-white lace, exuding enchanting honey aromas;
- a blue-colored, similar to a weightless cloud of lobelia, which conquers with its texture;
- inimitable garden geranium;
- Byzantine shining silver cleaner;
- curious and funny camomile camomile.
Option 4. Fragrant forbs of the south
The composition with the dominance of fragrant plants will help even more to reveal the beauty of the southern herbs. Spicy herbs and original Mediterranean inhabitants together look organic and almost wild, and the composition itself will not only attract admiring glances, but also will delight with an unusual cloud of aromas. By highlighting one of the containers for such a composition, you will not only create a luxurious accent, but also emphasize the special atmosphere of the recreation area.
Landscape Design Style: Mediterranean and country
For such a composition are best suited:
- lemon-smelling thyme with its dense, dense sod from numerous shoots and tiny leaves;
- oregano is smooth with its fancifully curving shoots and inflorescences or ordinary oregano with straight stems, spikelet inflorescences and dense sods;
- Lavender, whose beauty will not yield to a bewitching aroma;
- wormwood with their silvery leaves and bitter aromas;
- verbena, which will wrap the composition with a sweet train and add colors to the lush flowering;
- honey lobularia, which elegantly accentuates the beauty of neighbors with a white or lilac cloud.
Option 5. The fiery palette of the modern ensemble
The color scheme of modern flyers is by no means limited to the pink spectrum, even if a greater number of varieties are represented by shades of a white and red palette. Bright fiery colors in summer seem especially relevant. Yellow, orange, brick, red and their innumerable shades when combined with each other reinforce the character of each other. And such an effect can be used to create ensembles in containers literally gushing with energy and optimism. Especially good are such mini-flower beds where partial shade reigns: they seem to attract a sunny color.
Landscape Design Style: modern trends
For a fiery and ultramodern composition, combine:
- zinnia with its bright orange, yellow, cherry flower baskets;
- a bush of gatzania with no less spectacular baskets shining like a sun;
- the uniquely bright orange or apricot caliberhoha, which is not in vain received the nickname "thousand bells";
- compact, but no less fiery bushes of calendula or marigold (densely terry varieties are especially good);
- bright coleus leaves with intense red color;
- undersized decorative sunflowers.
Be sure to shade the beauty of the composition with decorative foliage plants with a contrasting shape - a flexible and as if curly boudoir and annual cereals (cirrus bristles or shakes).